Download the Packing Checklist in PDF format.
What to bring:
- Plane ticket
- Passport – if you’re crossing the US / Canadian border.
- Maps and Directions – see the How to Get Here and Location Map sections on our website
- Personal Medications
- Personal Toiletries
- Ski / snowboard boots – don’t forget to pack them in your hand luggage, just incase your checked baggage gets delayed or goes missing.
- Ski / snowboard clothing – we recommend that you dress in layers as you’ll beskiing a wide range of elevations.
- Ski / snowboard equipment – unless you’re renting your skis / snowboard fromus.
- Swimsuit – for the sauna and hot tub.Après ski and board clothing – the dress code at Retallack is casual so you canleave the tiara at home.
- Guitars, banjos, mouth organs or other musical instruments of choice – we’realways up for a jam session!
- Probe and shovel – we provide guests with probes but you can bring an extra oneif you’d like.
- Powder straps – they’re not essential but they can be handy if you lose a ski indeep powder.
What not to bring:
- Alcohol – by law all alcohol on the premises must be purchased under our liquorlicence. However, we have a well-stocked cellar of wines from both the old andnew worlds and serve a full selection of beers and spirits. And if you have anyspecial requests – such as a specific bottle or wine or liquor – we are happy toaccommodate wherever we can.
- Drink flasks – we provide you with your own water bottle and plenty of water onthe snowcat.
- Avalanche transceivers – we’ll supply you with a top-of-the-range model.
- First aid kits.
- Boot dryers – we have a drying room at the lodge.
- Ski / snowboard tuning equipment – we have a wax and tuning room witheverything you need for tuning and repairing your ski equipment.